Monday, December 30, 2013

Thoughts for the New Year

I'm departing from book reviews today to blog about, well, this blog. Specifically, plans and schemes for the New Year. This is the time of year when I should be making big life-altering resolutions, but instead I think I will make a few re-dedications to reading.

First off, I resolve to actually BLOG! I've been very haphazard in my blogging this year. My actual reading has been off the charts, though, so it's not as if I haven't had blog fodder. In 2014 I will post on a regular schedule, with a goal of once per week.

Secondly, I resolve to get my Goodreads list under control. I have 303 titles on my to-read list, many of which have been sitting there patiently since 2009. In 2014 I will read, or attempt to read, at least 50 of the titles that have been languishing in Goodreads.

Third and last, I resolve to get out of reading ruts. I often get stuck in a genre or subgenre, and I should really pay more attention to varying my reading material. In 2014, I will read across genres, age levels, and topics - maybe I'll even pick up a few things I'm not usually interested in and give them a try.

This probably wasn't a very interesting post for my few readers, but I believe that having these goals written down will help me stick to them. Feel free to call me out as the year progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment